“WHY NOT GIVE IT A GO?” says community library group.
A group who have taken over responsibility for running Catterick, Richmond and Colburn Community Libraries (CRAACL) are inviting people to try out volunteering by holding a series of drop-in sessions.
“Our great team of volunteers help us to keep our libraries open but we need more,” says CRACCL’s chairman, Philip Wicks. “People are often unsure about whether volunteering in libraries is for them. So we are holding “Give it a Go!” drop-in sessions on special days through-out September.”
The group will be giving practical demonstrations and people will get the chance to try out things for themselves, as well having a coffee and a chat with the existing volunteers.
“Unfortunately you won’t get to stamp books because we don’t do that anymore but our volunteers tell us they like the variety of things involved, as well as being able to make new friends and helping to keep the libraries open. You learn new skills too - all our volunteers are given training and are supported by paid staff because we are doing this in partnership with North Yorkshire County Council,” says Philip.
The group are inviting people to drop into any of the libraries at any of the following dates and times to suit.
- WEDNESDAY, 6TH SEPTEMBER - 10am - 12pm @ Richmond Library, Queens Road, DL10 4AE
- THURSDAY, 7TH SEPTEMBER - 4pm - 6pm @ Catterick Library, Gough Road, DL9 3EL
- SATURDAY, 9TH SEPTEMBER - 10am -12pm @ Colburn Library, The Broadway, DL9 4RF
- SATURDAY, 23RD SEPTEMBER - 10am - 12pm @ Colburn Library, The Broadway, DL9 4RF
- WEDNESDAY, 27TH SEPTEMBER - 10am - 12pm @ Richmond Library, Queens Road, DL10 4AE
- THURSDAY, 28TH SEPTEMBER - 4pm - 6pm @ Catterick Library, Gough Road, DL9 3EL
People can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org, visit the website www.craccl.org, call 01609 534580 or pop in to one of the libraries and just ask!